Pick People Not Sides
Alright folks. It has been 4 years and here we are in another nail biter. The country has been on a simmer since the last Presidential Election and now that we can express ourselves through voting, some of us are about to boil over. So have we learned anything before we enter into another 4 years of looking in the rearview yelling about yesterday instead of staying focused on the now or what direction we are moving. I’d say no.
See, it didn’t matter who won the last one or who wins this one. There is a group of people out there who preach love and tolerance, stand behind there BLM and Hate has no power here yard signs, that feel it is alright to only act out of emotion. Online they are working to ruin anyone that doesn’t agree with them, in person… well generally doesn’t happen unless they can form an entitled mob, then they destroy things and call it change. The best part about this whole thing is that they are the group that preaches Love, Tolerance, Compassion, Understanding and the Age of Woman. Well hell, if that is the Age of Woman then Tesla sign me up for the one way to Mars.
Will the next 4 years be better? Only if you make an effort, however if you continue to bandwagon, pout, and throw tantrums, then it’ll be the same. I guess what I am saying here is that the POTUS isn’t the problem… YOU ARE! And I stand behind that. If you feel it is alright to shame, destroy someone’s property, or just be an All Around Asshole because your little granny panties are in a bunch because your favorite pony didn’t win, don’t call me, don’t speak about me, and I will happily do the same. I am for the side of my fellow Americans who work everyday to make the next even better.
Red White and Blue Cookies – borrowed from sixsistersstuff.com
· 1 stick butter, soft
· 1/2 cup brown sugar
· 1/2 cup white sugar
· 1 egg
· 1 Tablespoon vanilla
· 1 1/2 cups flour
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 1 cup white chocolate chips
· 1 cup dried cranberries
· 1 cup dried blueberries
1. Combine butter and sugars and mix for about 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
3. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined. Stir in white chocolate, cranberries and blueberries.
4. Put cookie dough, covered in the fridge for a few hours.
5. Scoop onto parchment lined or greased cookie sheet and sprinkle very, very lightly with kosher salt.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until edges are lightly browned.
7. Freaking Enjoy It!!